Katie and Mike planned a very elegant, and slightly rustic chic vintage inspired wedding at the historic Inns of Aurora in NY’s Finger Lakes region. The sun was shining, the ladies looked lovely and everything went smoothly. Katie looked absolutely stunning in her Reem Acra wedding dress and Mike was handsome in his custom fitted suit (and pink socks!).
Three interesting facts about this vintage inspired wedding:
- Katie was at the Facebook IPO, yet Mike isn’t even on Facebook (he’s more of a Twitter guy).
- Though Mike had everything to do with hiring me as their Wedding Photographer, we had not met until the wedding day.
- In 10 years, I had never worked at the Aurora Inn, yet this year I have TWO weddings here (and I helped both find their wedding location).
Two unofficial MP awards:
- Katie: for being the most organized Bride I’ve ever had!
- Mike: for the Groom that took the most photos on his own wedding day!
The rest is easiest seen in these wedding photos taken at the Inns of Aurora. Between the girls getting ready at the vintage Leffingwell House and Katie & Mike’s ‘first look’ there, to the lakeside wedding ceremony on Cayuga Lake followed by their gorgeous tented wedding reception at the historic Aurora Inn, the visual stimulation was endless.
The wedding reception was so beautiful and so fun. The guests tore up the dance floor all night and once Katie’s Dad joined the band, singing two songs, other guests decided they should also take over! Luckily, it wasn’t the mayhem it could have been, but was awesome instead. We ended the evening with a subtle sunset and a fire pit for S’mores. A perfect day!
Finger Lakes Wedding Professionals:
Wedding Photographer: McKay’s Photography, Heather McKay || Ceremony & Reception Location: Aurora Inn || Wedding Makeup: Makeup on Demand || Ceremony Music: Finger Lakes Strings || Wedding Flowers: In-Bloom Wedding Floral Designs || Letterpress Wedding Invitations: Andrea Espach Design || Bridal Gown: The Wedding Salon of Manhasset, Reem Acra Designer || Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaids, Amsale Design || Ceremony Officiant: Mayor Bonnie Bennett || Reception Band: Gratitude