After 10 years as a Rochester Wedding Photographer, I’ve noticed one recurring theme…. my couples grew up here, live elsewhere, yet choose to get married here in Rochester. This weekend’s Rochester wedding at Artisan Works was no different. Sarah and Chris live on the left coast and brought all of that joie de vivre and their laid back attitudes with them to their wedding day!
This was one super fun party with constant joking and funny faces from everyone. There were also a ton of photographers attending, including the Groom, Chris. I was surprised that he never micro managed me. Being totally trusted brings out the best in my work, so I’m glad he did. Also, working for another photographer pushes me to really get creative and also not be technically lazy.
Fun facts about this Rochester wedding at Artisan Works:
- Did you know that you can get a straight razor shave in Rochester?? I had no idea. The Men’s Room Spa has been 2 miles from my house for 6 years. WOW. Not that I need a straight razor shave, but still. Anyway, Chris was smart/awesome to have his guys have this done (and his Dad’s bald head!). Why should the ladies be the only ones who get pampered before a wedding?
- This wedding date was ALSO Sarah’s parent’s wedding date!
- Sarah was the least Bride-esque Bride I’ve ever had. So much so, that she told me not to use that word.
- There were 3 or 4 very pregnant ladies in attendance!
- A very good friend made Chris’ wedding ring.
- Nearly immediately, both Chris and Sarah ditched their official wedding shoes and put on matching Vibram Five Finger Shoes
Anyway, as you can see, these two set the tone for one heck of a party. Chris’ Dad said it was the second most fun wedding he had ever attended… the first was his own.
Thanks again Sarah & Chris for hiring me for your wedding coverage. It was a blast for me too.
I’ll let the images say the rest…
Best Rochester Wedding Professionals:
Wedding Photography by Heather McKay, McKay’s Photography || Flowers by Kittelberger Florist || Catering by Madeline’s Catering || Wedding Ceremony and Reception Location at Artisan Works || Groomsmen shaves at the Men’s Room Spa || Wedding / School Bus Shuttle by First Student