Keeping our kids safe at home and when visiting family and friends is one of the most important things a parent must do for their child’s well being and safety. There are a multitude of things on the market to help you do that, from the simple outlet plugs to a series of bumper pads for all the corners and gates for every door.
After 6 kids of my own, I am pretty good at child-proofing my home.
How to Truly Child-Proof Your Home:
• Place all medications and cleaning supplies on a top shelf
• Breakable dishes go in upper cabinets
• Place a locking mechanism on all doors leading outside.
• Watch your children
• Keep the bathroom door closed
• Teach your child the word “No” means “You are not allowed to touch that”.
I once had a daughter fall down the stairs (ahem – the owner of this blog). She knocked out her front tooth, so instead of panicking, I sat right there, jammed the tooth back where it belonged and held her tight until she was soothed and calm. Then I looked to see if a trip to the Dr. was in order. The tooth held, and she was just fine.
“Yach Y Da” Till later,
another guest blog post by my MOM! as a mother of six, I consider her an expert… after all, we all survived….