If you have a craving for really good comfort food and room to actually play a game of pool, check out the new Marshall Street Bar & Grill in downtown Rochester. Located on Monroe Avenue near the Inner Loop in the old Damien’s location.
The owners, Kelly & Don Bush, hired me to capture the essence of the bar as well as some of the unique food options offered. My favorite things about this bar & grill are the fun games, including Rock ’em Sock ’em Robots, vegetarian options for comfort food, the 3 giant screens for sports or TV shows and the year-round holiday tree! This is a comfortable place with great prices and filling food. If I was looking to hold an event somewhere, this place would be it. There is plenty of room around the pool table and dart boards and there are plenty of open tables too.
City Newspaper recently reviewed the restaurant here: http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/restaurants/guide/Marshall-Street-Bar-and-Grill/
- Marshall Street has amazing food. Everything is large, inexpensive and tasty!
- They have TONS of vegetarian options too, and their veggie burger is made from scratch.
- I designed their menu and photographed the location as well as the food.
- After eating a TON of the menu options, my little brother ate the “breakfast burger”… someone tried to then give him something else to try and he said “Wait, wait… I need a moment to reflect on what just happened!” hahaha. And this from a college kid.
- They have really good beer on draft and Don is amazing at mixing cool cocktails! Seriously. Ask him to create something for you.
- Marshall St. is a supporter of the future Roc City Skatepark.