Today’s BLOG post is my first guest post! I asked a wedding planner in town to write something for my BLOG about planning your wedding with Etsy.com, the website for creative small businesses! If you are looking for something unique or custom for your wedding, from a dress to thank you gifts, Etsy is the place to shop! I have two friends who are on Etsy and I recently photographed a wedding with another photographer and the Bride used Etsy exclusively for her wedding!!
Read more about planning your wedding with Etsy from Laura Linder with Better Together Events:
Etsy and Your Wedding: A Match Made in Handmade Heaven
by Laura Linder, Professional Bridal Consultant, Better Together Events
I am a huge fan of all things Etsy, an online shopping haven for all things homemade and fabulous. It’s a completely unique environment for shoppers to support small businesses and talented artists while finding something totally one-of-a-kind at the same time.
What does Etsy have to do with your wedding? The question should be what does Etsy not have to do with your wedding? I’m telling you, it is a treasure hunt of chic, modern, classic, and beautiful dresses, favors, invitations, gifts, veils, and beyond!
And the best part is that Etsy offers affordable, outside of the box DIY items from a giant network of creative forces.
Still not convinced? Check out this sampling picked from over 96,000 extraordinary wedding-centric Etsy products. If you want more after reading, be sure to check out one of my favorite blogs devoted purely to Etsy and weddings, appropriately titled Etsy Wedding.
- Decadent Designs’s “The Boxed Jewel” wedding invitations…. so beautiful that they are currently sold out!
- Me and Matilda’s eclectic assortment of ties sure to bring out the men in your wedding party’s individual personalities.
- For a bit more boldness in your tie selection, check out Cyberoptix TieLab’s shop.
- Vintage bridal accessories by Bel Canto Designs. Mari, the lead designer, takes genuine vintage materials and restores them to beautiful pieces like this one.
She’ll even design one-of-a-kind accessories to mesh perfectly with each bride’s theme and vision.
- Ring Bearer “nests” by Paloma’s Nest. The sweet sayings on these handmade bowls are so sweet, but if you have something else in mind, no worries – everything is customizable!
- Dear Emma’s Stationary. Her gallery speaks for itself.
- Angee W.’s inspired clutches would make the perfect bridesmaid’s gift. This lilac clutch is on my wish list!
- CozyMoments makes their entire bath and body product collection with natural ingredients, and they smell delicious! In flavors like pink lemonade, buttercream frosting, and brown sugar crunch, how can you go wrong bestowing a gift like this to your new mother-in-law? They even have a scent inspired by Edward from the Twilight series as well as other truly unique and cozy scents like “childhood” and “creamy pumpkin”!
This shop even makes scented soaps in various shapes, including this cupcake soap, that would make perfect guest favors. The scent list is extensive and all the products can be custom ordered with the scent of your choice!
- Looking for something different than the traditional guest book? Check out these wedding guest book boxes by Cut the Cake Designs. They come in a variety of different colors and designs, but my favorite is this Vintage Street Sign box.
As you can see, the creative flair on Etsy is in ample supply. As a wedding planner that is always looking for ways to infuse personality and newness into a traditional affair like a wedding, I love it as a place for constant ideas and affordable inspiration to help couples make their day distinct and unique to them – all while supporting “local” (even if via the world wide web) artists! In fact, I’ve been so inspired by Etsy this year, I’m toying with the idea of opening my own little shop to showcase the menu cards, programs, invitations, and place cards I offer as an a la carte service. So dig into that treasure trove, and happy Etsy hunting!